Description: To place a tire up an down the length of the Giant’s Finger with the group
Set Up: A telephone pole or log should be securely placed in the ground. The height should be about 8-12 feet tall. There will be a tire on ground and group is responsible to get the tire to the top of the pole and down to the ground. The group must then also remove the tire.
• Check area for unsafe ground cover: i.e., broken glass, dead limbs, stones, etc.
• Present the task, review spotting requirements, safety issues, and answer questions before the group begins the task.
• A clear understanding of how participants will move on this activity and over all preparedness to spot a falling participant.
• Recognize that when falls occur, they usually happen quickly.
• If a fall occurs, spotters need to move in towards the participant and not back away.
• Make sure participants are spotting head, neck, and back areas carefully.
• This is a stacking event so spotter must be ready for a fall from any location.